Saturday, April 7, 2012

Colour Challenge For 15 Minutes Play - Mauve



Victoria from 15 minutes play blog is going to issue members with a challenge each week for the next 12 weeks.  She is going to choose colours that most people shy away from.  For the first week she has chosen mauve.  I dont have a large stash of fabric but did find two pieces with some mauve in them.  I made the following two blocks by adding some contrasting fabrics.
 


After posting the above two blocks on the 15 minutes play blog I decided to make two more similar blocks.  I then cut each of the blocks into quarters and put them together in the following quilt.  I am not sure what I am going to do with this quilt but am happy to have used up several pieces of fabric.  I have enough of the spotted sashing fabric left over to bind this quilt.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

LOVE that border fabric with this!

Two Years Of 12 x 12 Art Quilts

A group of local quilters has recently completed two years of making 12" x 12" art quilts -completing one every two months working...